The ISO/IEC 17025 is a globally used laboratory accreditation standard that outlines requirements for the competence of testing and calibration laboratories. ISO 17025 Accreditation is a procedure by which an authoritative body gives formal recognition of technical competence for specific tests/measurements based on third party assessment based on ISO 17025:2005 standard guidelines.
List of ISO 17025 Procedure Requirements for Documentation –
In order to meet the requirements of ISO 17025 procedures are five basic elements that are part of the structure in order to meet the Procedure requirements specified in the standard. They are: the scope, the control procedures, uncertainties and abilities. In short, this is again very similar to the structure of ISO 17025 in the use of control procedures and audit.
Following is the list of ISO 17025 procedures, which are mandatory for ISO/IEC 17025 accreditation.
· Procedure For Document And Data Control
· Procedure For Contract Review
· Procedure For Purchasing
· Procedure For Complaint Handling
· Procedure For Control Of Non–Conforming Work
· Procedure For Corrective And Preventive Action
· Procedure For Control Of Records
· Procedure For Internal Audit
· Procedure For Management Review
· Procedure For Personnel And Training
· Procedure For Accommodation And Environment
· Procedure For Working Procedure
· Procedure For Measurement Uncertainty
· Procedure For Equipment And Reference Materials
· Procedure For Measurement Traceability And Calibration
· Procedure For Handling Of Test Items
· Procedure For Quality Control / Verification
· Procedure For Preparation, Review And Issue Of Test Certificates/Reports
Basically, it is an ISO17025 quality system, which is structured to ensure. The quality and repeatability of the products or services of a company for this purpose , the standard is not exactly how they should be conducted to define the processes , but a set of guidelines and audited results , specific procedures must guarantee . For example, the ISO 17025 Procedure requires the calibration of the sensors reference has control and traceability of proper calibration. Since each of these areas is made to the physician, but in the end, the options for the method / procedure documented repeatable and defensible deliver quality results.
Before working on a quality system according to ISO 17025, you should decide on your competition. This list defines the scope of services for testing and calibration that your organization will operate under ISO 17025.
Already firmly to ensure compliance with the help of all laboratories standard ISO 17025, you can hire the services of a certification body. Certification bodies in the United States, such as A2LA or Class, an independent auditor to review the ISO/IEC 17025 documentation and procedures of the quality system and finally a visit to the system under test to prove the test objective. After a successful audit, the unit receives the certification is subject to regular audits renewal.